You all know Christine from Chris W designs right? What do you mean no?! Well you my lucky reader are in for a treat today. She's here to do a blog swap with me and we'll tell you what we want from a pattern tester.
Don't you just LOVE handbags? Imagine being able to make handbags and purses that are unique to YOU and exactly the style, colour, size and shape that YOU want them to be! ChrisW Designs brings you an ever growing range of pdf patterns for handbags, purses, tote bags, backpacks and all sorts of bag sewing patterns designed to teach you loads of wonderful bag making techniques, so you can do just that!
Hi.....my name is Christine and I am the designer behind ChrisW Designs and I have to admit I am addicted to making BAGS! My 'addiction' started as a child......as far back as I can remember I have had a 'thing' about bags! I never grew out of it and since I LOVE to make things and have dabbled in a whole range of handcrafts from knitting to crocheting, scrapbooking and most of all sewing ....It was only a natural progression that I should start to sew BAGS!
|Eve Clutch PDF - $9.95|
I designed and made collectable teddy bears for many years and that is where I discovered I love to share HOW to make something even more than actually making it myself! Hence I developed a range of teddy bear patterns. After a while though, my interest in bears waned and one day I decided to make a BAG....and that was it...I was immediately HOOKED! BUT....not that my first bag making experience was great...it wasn't! The pattern I chose was AWFUL....the instructions were so badly written with no photos or diagrams and in fact, not even paragraphs or step by step numbers.....It was at that point I decided I was going to learn everything I could about making bags and put out my own range of bag patterns that are easy to understand and follow so you can actually achieve quality results without tearing your hair out first!
|The Snazzy Slouch PDF - $9.95|
I have had LOTS of wonderful feedback regarding my patterns and I have to admit that a LOT of work goes into them BEFORE they ever reach the public eyes! ALL my patterns are extensively tested....I have a group of wonderful pattern testers who do a FABULOUS job making sure my patterns all come together as they should and also that the instructions make sense etc...Without them, ChrisW Designs would NOT be what it is today! I am often asked what it is I look for in a pattern tester so I thought I would share some of those points with you:
· Honesty - This is at the TOP of my list! It is SO important for my testers to actually TELL me what they REALLY think! There is NO point in telling me the pattern is GREAT when it actually STINKS! If something isn't right, TELL ME!
· Reliable - A good pattern tester will make the pattern within the required time frame set and not commit to making it if they do not have the time or inclination.
· Feedback - Give lots of feedback! What do you like and what don't you like about the pattern or design!
· Observant - A good tester will notice the details and pick up on little things that are missing or incorrect in the instructions that might otherwise go unnoticed by an experienced bag maker or someone just rushing through it. It is SO easy to miss something when it is familiar to you, so being observant and taking notice of the details is important! An inexperienced bag maker might be confused by a simple detail being inadvertently omitted or incorrect!
· Enthusiastic - Bag making is FUN and even if we are working we should be having FUN....so it is nice when a pattern tester really enjoys what they are doing and enjoys sharing their thoughts on a new design.
· Friendship - My testers are also my friends.....we need to feel comfortable with each other so we can say what we really think! That brings us back to point one - Honesty! LOLLL
|Abigail Purse PDF - $10.95|
The possibilities are endless in bag making and I just never tire of trying out new ways of doing things. I continually look at ways that I can improve and develop my patterns and bag making techniques so they are always evolving and it is never boring! I hope you too will follow me and my range of patterns to see what I come up with next! :)
Thanks Christine! Chris has got tons of ways you can follow her or check her out and I've listed them below. The thing I like most about Christine is that she is possibly one of the most upbeat people I've 'met' and is not too precious about silly things that don't matter. When I approached Christine about doing a blog swap, I wasn't sure what she'd say because I guess really we're 'rivals'! Christine was happy to jump aboard though and we've had some good chats about advertising and things that have worked for each of us.
ChrisW Designs: http://www.chriswdesigns.com - For 10% discount on purchases from her website use the code ChrisWDesigns10
Newsletter: Subscribe to My Newsletter!
Nioka Bears: http://www.etsy.com/shop/